Jump to Navigation

Are You Eligible for a Hardship License?

Fighting to Protect Your Ability to Drive to Work

After a DWI or multiple driving offenses, you may find yourself in the position of license suspension or revocation. The loss of your license could make it difficult for you to get to work, care for your family, go to school or handle day-to-day tasks. You could even lose your job. At the Fishkill-based law office of Edward T. McCormack, we are experienced in helping clients pursue New York hardship licenses and keep their lives on track.

Don't plead guilty. Contact us by e-mail or call toll free at 800-686-2840, to protect your rights and pursue a hardship license.

Understanding the Process for Getting a Hardship License After a DWI Arrest

A hardship license may be available pending prosecution for a DWI or other serious traffic offense. Essentially, a hardship license is a conditional license or work license that allows you to pursue your normal day-to-day activities and maintain an income and standard of living before and/or after you are charged. To obtain a hardship license, you need an experienced advocate who can effectively communicate your needs to the court.

Attorney Edward McCormack will take into consideration the unique circumstances of your case, including your family needs, your job and any other obligations that require you to keep your driver's license. Remember that if you blow a breathalyzer of .08 or higher, the court may take your driver's license upon arraignment. We will attend court with you, plead your case and take every available step to protect your driving rights.

Know Your Rights and Options Before Getting to Court

If you plan on going to court without a lawyer, remember that the court will not volunteer a hardship license. You will need to request what is called a Pringle hearing, at which you will need to have an independent witness confirm where you work and present evidence that you have no other options and will lose your job if you cannot get a conditional license. An experienced attorney can make sure all these steps are followed and the criteria are met.

Contact a Lawyer With Experience

If you need help pursuing a hardship licensed after a DWI arrest, contact a lawyer with a track record of telling it like it is and getting successful outcomes. Contact us by e-mail or call toll free at 800-686-2840.